• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference Quality Electronic Music

Jimshoe

deadmau5 released a 80mb wav version of his track eborts for free. Stunningly clear master and uncompressed. Great bass track and one of my favorite reference tracks.

his original DL link expired but there's a new dropbox one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pddz43pr5u0isy/deadmau5 - ebortS.wav?dl=0
This is amazing! Exactly what digital audio makes possible (but we never get) - a window to the artists studio without tons of compression and loudness war mastering in the way.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm talking about the music which really puts your entire system to the test. This is the kind of music most hotel room listening audiofools think is crappy. I totally disagree. This music is true reference quality. You gotta have a system ready for it.

I'll begin with some new Royksopp:
I agree, but this one is better. High dynamics and great 3D soundstage:

There's are other mixes as well, but I prefer the one above. The next below has too much bass compared to the rest, and dynamics suffers. How do you like them?

hawkeyejw

The entirety of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories is outstanding.

1604978869790.png

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
I only started getting into ambient/electronic/trance type stuff a few months back. I've grown to really love Boards of Canada. Just super fun stuff to listen to...

JustIntonation

My new reference for commercial mix. Enough warm timbres yet extended treble, deep bass, depth, etc it's all there in a very well balanced way.
If this doesn't sound great (though very compressed of course) then your system/room is off.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not everybody likes trance music, but this production has some very good low bass at the start of the track that I use to test resonance on speakers.
Armin Van Buuren - I Don't Own You

"
"

BenB

Just about everything PrototypeRaptor has done has been amazing, both musically and for production quality, yet somehow no one has ever heard of the guy. It's insane. He is absolutely my favorite electronic artist. He has hundreds of songs available.

Power Cords:

Here's another fun song from Soulji.

Murder:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This guy has been an absolute gem and progressing ever more with his production quality.

"

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Top Bottom