• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference Quality Electronic Music

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Ok, now that one I have. It would be interesting to flip between Youtube and CD(on hard drive of course).
I swear the CD version of this has a lot more bass.
Something is vibrating here, when playing that song loud. Had the subs set up to down to 20hz. Upped my subsonic filter to 35hz and now no more vibrations :D

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I absolutely love electronic music, but I don't think I'd call much of it "reference quality". Can't really figure out what it means?

Here's a couple of classic goosebump tracks:

(Yeah, I know that track was made as a joke, but it's still fantastic... or at least combined with the video it is :D)

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I think I already posted this in the what-are-you-listening-to thread, but here goes:

Webninja

Forum Donor
Lots of ambient music is very well recorded.

- Brian Eno (alone can cover most of what is best in ambient)
- Deaf Center
- The Orb
- Aphex Twin
- Diplo’s new album is ambient, and is Atmos (on Tidal)

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I listened to some of this using the Aria 3D sound plug in for Chrome. This really created some spacious effects in my office, which is amazing because the two little Sony speakers are right in front of me and touching each other. This is a good piece for showing off what crosstalk elimination software can do.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It seems crazy to me that this is nearly 40 years old. I remember my brother buying it on vinyl and listening to it on his Dual CS-505, NAD 3020 and Mission 700 speakers...

Kebu popped up on YouTube after Jarre, also worth checking out if you like some old skool electronic music (I want his t-shirt)...

Also, Carbon Based Lifeforms., e.g....

Last edited:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speaking of Chemical Brothers, it would be a crime not to mention:
(Not because of bass. It's just awesome)

I'm still lost in the K-Hole...

And now i'm having flashbacks to the first Creamfields in 1998...

• 1998- Creamfields Festival is first held in Winchester attracting twenty-five thousand people and featured live performances from artists such as Primal Scream and Run DMC as well as DJ sets from hundreds of DJs including Sasha, Paul van Dyk, and Daft Punk.

Last edited:

Geert

Major Contributor
Felix Laband - Dark Days Exit: https://felixlaband.bandcamp.com/album/dark-days-exit

a0065100250_16.jpg

Top Bottom