• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference Quality Electronic Music

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
maybe it will just be us in here michael:eek: we are BAD audiophiles, banished to the outer reaches.. the bad lands.

if you think stevie wonder is a good test of your system... think again! the dynamic impact and scale of electronica is a real test for your whole system (speakers too).

just for AJ,

oh let's see you audiophiles put this on your 'pipe and slippers jazz cats' hi fi's . :D get messy!

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor

Mivera

Major Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That will stretch the pleats out on the vivid woofer spiders real good :)
i like it... i feel dirty now:eek:
its ok the vivids can cope with that, they can cope with anything at the moment... touch wood.
i am the speaker destroyer..

this is your song mike... your forum song:D:D:D

this is actually keith in the 90's before he started selling room EQ

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
i like it... i feel dirty now:eek:
its ok the vivids can cope with that, they can cope with anything at the moment... touch wood.
i am the speaker destroyer..

this is your song mike... your forum song:D:D:D

this is actually keith in the 90's before he started selling room EQ

Beautiful song but I prefer this:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Beautiful song but I prefer this:

i detect reggae... skip please!
midi.jpg

in reply i suggest,

sorry for the F bomb but its not used in a derisory fashion\context. having said that i must confess to empathising with these sentiments often when reading\interacting on forums. its also the sub-text of many peoples post.

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
Incredible sounding song on a good system! Especially double DSD version! soundstage is a mile deep!

fas42

Major Contributor
Incredible sounding song on a good system! Especially double DSD version! soundstage is a mile deep!

Yes, very nice ... but I'm not sure about the electronica bit ...

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Subwooferless and feeble direct radiator speakers may not apply for this position.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Subwooferless and feeble direct radiator speakers may not apply for this position.

thanks for this thread michael, was fun to post some of the music i regularly listen too but is very much non audiophile compatible.. it is how ever very good for testing your hi fi.. its broken a few of my transducers too...

that was radiohead's interesting album after 'ok computer' ? i have it in their box set i think. (never put it on.. oh the shame)

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor

Ok, now that one I have. It would be interesting to flip between Youtube and CD(on hard drive of course).
I swear the CD version of this has a lot more bass.

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
thanks for this thread michael, was fun to post some of the music i regularly listen too but is very much non audiophile compatible..
I wouldn't dare play some stuff at audiophile shows (yeah no Hatebeak :)), but occasionally I'll throw on a harder track if requested...and then after hours pretty much anything goes. My last LSAF, there was a reviewer who liked metal also, so after hours I was blasting some for him and friends. The craft brew beer samples from upstairs helped too.:D

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ok, now that one I have. It would be interesting to flip between Youtube and CD(on hard drive of course).
I swear the CD version of this has a lot more bass.
i have see this live, its better on CD in my house. its a valid test of your hi fi though as you have deep bass and female vocal. interesting mix, its scandinavian in its inspiration i think (production wise). sadly its now a trend.

look up the ' young marble giants' if you like this for some more 'credible' 80's music;)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I wouldn't dare play some stuff at audiophile shows (yeah no Hatebeak :)), but occasionally I'll throw on a harder track if requested...and then after hours pretty much anything goes. My last LSAF, there was a reviewer who liked metal also, so after hours I was blasting some for him and friends. The craft brew beer samples from upstairs helped too.:D
you should though!!! this is the music that audiophile speakers just can't handle. so if your system can handle it then its a selling point imo. try this too, its fast and musical (deceptively so)

this is exactly what SHOULD be played at audiophile shows..if you want to highlight that your system can play music however fast powerful while keeping the musical drive.

Top Bottom