• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Reference Quality Electronic Music

deadmau5 released a 80mb wav version of his track eborts for free. Stunningly clear master and uncompressed. Great bass track and one of my favorite reference tracks.

his original DL link expired but there's a new dropbox one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pddz43pr5u0isy/deadmau5 - ebortS.wav?dl=0
This is amazing! Exactly what digital audio makes possible (but we never get) - a window to the artists studio without tons of compression and loudness war mastering in the way.

LTig

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm talking about the music which really puts your entire system to the test. This is the kind of music most hotel room listening audiofools think is crappy. I totally disagree. This music is true reference quality. You gotta have a system ready for it.

I'll begin with some new Royksopp:
I agree, but this one is better. High dynamics and great 3D soundstage:

There's are other mixes as well, but I prefer the one above. The next below has too much bass compared to the rest, and dynamics suffers. How do you like them?

I don´t know if it is reference quality but these sound quite good to me:

Trentemøller - The Last Resort

trentemoeller-the_last_resort_a.jpg

Ochre - Beyond The Outer Loop

R-9889118-1488018915-9843.jpeg.jpg

Top Bottom