• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reference electronic music?

Ibofobi

Saint Germain-des-Pres Cafe - This is a large collection with various Volumes - described as Nu Jazz with quite a bit of extremely high quality material
Did a quick skim through of the first volume, and indeed it sounded like a solid collection!

Moonhead

A few of my test tracks.

Last edited:

ocinn

These are two of some of the most beautifully produced and sound-designed tracks I've come across recently. Both of them are put out on labels run by Nic Tasker who is one of the greatest tastemakers/curators/selectors in electronic music alive today

A Surfer

Major Contributor
@ocinn I like ambient soundscapes for sure. Can't spend hours on them, but at the right time, very beautiful. Try Bluetech Sines and Singularities. You may love it.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Bjork is a great choice.

She has that "debut album is the best album" syndrome... her 1st is actually called Debut and its amazing in every respect and I think she hasnt come close since.

She obviously cares about SQ, Some great dynamic range there. I think "Post" comes closest and as she progresses she becomes more and more inscrutible.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure what genre Bjork's music is considered to be, but agree on her being potentially a good reference, as in, both pleasurable to listen to and will help identify shortcomings or capabilities of a music reproduction system. Here is a track from my Reference playlist.

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I've been listening to this pretty much non stop over the previous few days

Top Bottom