• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reducing latency on Camilladsp on a raspberry pi

Razorhelm

I was wondering if anyone knows what parts of the configuration are most important to reduce latency on a raspberry pi running camilladsp?

MCH

Major Contributor
What is often recommended is to lower the chunksize, watching out for possible dropouts due to buffer underrun.
But don't trust me, I would recommend you to ask in the camilladsp tutorial thread. There are many responsive and knowledgeable people there.

OP
Razorhelm

Razorhelm

Thanks both this was exactly what I needed to know, my current system has very high latency but I only use it for music. I would like to build a second system which will play video too and I wanted to minimise latency, I don't have an exact figure in mind, just lower!

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks both this was exactly what I needed to know, my current system has very high latency but I only use it for music. I would like to build a second system which will play video too and I wanted to minimise latency, I don't have an exact figure in mind, just lower!

ATSC IS-191:-45ms 至 15ms

EBU R37-2007:-60ms 至 40ms

ITU BT.1359-1:-125ms 至45ms

ITU BR.265-9:-22ms 至 22ms

Last edited:
Top Bottom