• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recording with Mytek Brooklyn DAC Plus

dilaton

Hi all,

I'd like to record digital audio (that my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ receives via SPDIF) on a Mac to which the DAC is connected via USB.
When I go to the audio device settings on the Mac I see the setting for input and output. Output is fine, but all the sliders in the input settings are greyed out. Any ideas how to activate them?

Mytek says in its user manual regarding the SPDIF inputs: "This input can also be used to transmit digital audio into computer via USB2 connection". So I'm wondering how to get it to work...

Thanks in advance

Ticinese

Hi all,

I'd like to record digital audio (that my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ receives via SPDIF) on a Mac to which the DAC is connected via USB.
When I go to the audio device settings on the Mac I see the setting for input and output. Output is fine, but all the sliders in the input settings are greyed out. Any ideas how to activate them?

Mytek says in its user manual regarding the SPDIF inputs: "This input can also be used to transmit digital audio into computer via USB2 connection". So I'm wondering how to get it to work...

Thanks in advance
Hi Dilaton, I had the same question. Wojtek from Mytek answered: "USB capturing works when you connect digital source like AES/EBU to the DAC+ but as input you have to choose USB:) Then in your DAW select DAC+ as recording device. That is it. Should work that way."
It works for me with AES/EBU input. Maybe SPDIF input works also as described (?) you could try it. As a workaround you could insert a SPDIF-to-AES/EBU converter ..

Top Bottom