• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommended replacement for JVC HSW1101-01A Ribbon (Leaf) Tweeter?

davidc

Forum Donor
So, what would be a good recommended replacement for the JVC HSW1101-01A Ribbon (Leaf) Tweeter?

I know that there are many similar-looking speakers sold thru the years, but I do know for sure about these being the JVC as I purchased them myself from a wholesale speaker company in Los Angeles in the 80s for a grand sum of $17 each!

These were in my original VMPS Super Towers kits from the mid-1980s.

The speakers originally came with Motorola Piezoelectric Supertweeters. After a few years, they were upgraded with these JVCs.

The crossover is at 15kHz

Recently, while playing music very loud, both JVC Supertweeters were sparking and smoky smelling. They still make sound, but I guess it's time for a replacement.

I'm probably looking for something with good power handling. With my most recent audiogram, I can barely hear above 12kHz anyway.

Would the Bohlender Graebener Neo3 PDR be a good choice?

We sit about 10-15 degrees below the mounting point of the super tweeter, and about 10-15 degrees from the horizontal axis as the speakers are toed in a bit. We sit about 17 feet from the speakers. Our listening positions don't change.

Top Bottom