• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommended mid priced Bluetooth DAC?

Yaniv

After reading here the measurements of topping d50s i bought it. It is great.
But for my smaller bedroom stereo system I'm looking for something cheaper, yet it must have Bluetooth.
Can anyone recommend me dac in the 80 to 130 usd?
Thanks

Asylum Seeker

It depends on how much power you need. For IEMs and sensitive, low-imp headphones I use the Fiio BTR5 DAC|AMP|BT Receiver. 80mW into 32 Ohm single-ended, LDAC|aptX-HD, volume control, Plug&Play with Android, self-powered with option to charge|power from source device, Play|Pause control on BT, balanced 2.5mm output with more power, three mics for taking calls, solid metal|glass build, fits in the palm of the hand and then some. Good stuff.
IMG_20200426_083534.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Y

Yaniv

It depends on how much power you need. For IEMs and sensitive, low-imp headphones I use the Fiio BTR5 DAC|AMP|BT Receiver. 80mW into 32 Ohm single-ended, LDAC|aptX-HD, volume control, Plug&Play with Android, self-powered with option to charge|power from source device, Play|Pause control on BT, balanced 2.5mm output with more power, three mics for taking calls, solid metal|glass build, fits in the palm of the hand and then some. Good stuff.
View attachment 60414

thanks, but i'm looking for dac only (no amp), as input to stereo system. but i'll take a look at fiio anyway :)

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
I use this generic Bluetooth DAC for receiving Bluetooth from a TV Fire Stick so I can use my wired SHP9500 phones with the tv. Sounds ok to me. Does have line out in addition to 3.5mm.

Cheap enough at $28. Buy from Amazon and you can always return if unsuitable within 30 days..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T5K48Q8/

Top Bottom