• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommended Dac/Amp for He1000v2Stealth

Synxk

Hello, I've just bought the He1000v2 Stealth Edition. I'm really hyped to upgrade my path in the audiophile area. Now I need a good match of a dac/amp for that headphone!

My budget would be around 600€, is there any good recommendation? Or maybe invest only in an amplifier and upgrade with a dac in future? Since im a student and i saved money til that point, it would take some time though!

I've just ordered the Hifiman EF400, since I've heared many positive things about the sound signature. It measures poorly though and the Phasing Inbalance issue concerns me. The Topping Dac/Amps seem to dont provide a good soundstage, that's why I wouldn't go for that (My currently setup is the ATH-R70X with a Topping DX3 Pro+ though).

Priority for myself would be imaging, soundstage (width and depth), clarity, balance. Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
for 600€, I would buy a Topping L70 Amp. It has perfect channel separation, therefore perfect soundstage:
1666693096-Crosstalk.jpeg
And for the DAC, I would buy a Moondrop Dawn, Topping D10 Balanced, or SMSL D-6.

That being said, I wouldn't actually spend 600€ on a DAC and Amp. 200€ should be enough (L30 II plus some 2V dongle as DAC).

OP
S

Synxk

So you would say there is no big difference between the L70 and L30II? Dont want to pay that much for a headphone, so it gets bottlenecked of an amp

staticV3

Master Contributor
So you would say there is no big difference between the L70 and L30II? Dont want to pay that much for a headphone, so it gets bottlenecked of an amp
I expect no audible differences between L30 II and L70 with the HE1000 V2 Stealth at my listening levels (65dB AVG, 80-90dB Peak).

OP
S

Synxk

Okay, I cannot cancel my EF400 order anymore, I guess I will give it a chance first, the sound signature of the l30ii will be kinda like the dx3 pro+ I guess? Just more power into it? Maybe i can compare against that then

thanks btw!! :)

OP
S

Synxk

Okay after all I will not keep the EF400, sent it back already, i want something as neutral and sharp as possible, rest gonna be equalized. Gonna give L30ii E30ii a try, if that isnt sufficient power (I guess my peak hearing gonna be at 95db???? Not sure) I would go for the A30 Pro (100€ discount) or the L70 with a balanced dac

Snoopy

Major Contributor
If you don't want to get into the upgrade game later I would just go with L70 + E70 or E70V and be done. :)

OP
S

Synxk

Well, the l30ii has so much power, max midgain gonna be 99% enough for myself. If i rly wanna get into a Song, high gain will be the choice for 1% of my time, so i can speedup my eardmg-process lol. Whats strange, the l30iie30ii combo can play all Frequences to 20k without any Problem, even if super loud. The fiio k7 starts at 17k Hz frequencies to replay a strange way of that frequency after a certain volume. Is it the difference betreten ak4493 and ak4493s? Samplerate at 96k improved the situation, still happening for the k7 though.

PS: returned the he1000v2, will receive a new unit, it has extreme imbalance at 4k frequency, every voice is kinda in the front right side of me, was not acceptable lol.

Qusk

Well, the l30ii has so much power, max midgain gonna be 99% enough for myself. If i rly wanna get into a Song, high gain will be the choice for 1% of my time, so i can speedup my eardmg-process lol. Whats strange, the l30iie30ii combo can play all Frequences to 20k without any Problem, even if super loud. The fiio k7 starts at 17k Hz frequencies to replay a strange way of that frequency after a certain volume. Is it the difference betreten ak4493 and ak4493s? Samplerate at 96k improved the situation, still happening for the k7 though.

PS: returned the he1000v2, will receive a new unit, it has extreme imbalance at 4k frequency, every voice is kinda in the front right side of me, was not acceptable lol.

Did your new pair also have any imbalance? Did you check with a tool like this https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ ? Please lower your volume and take off your headphones before pressing play and read the warning box to not damage your ears.

Top Bottom