• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

recommended amp/speakers for Bluesound node 2i

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a pair of columns that came with my old stereo Denon D-F88. I don't have the specs.

About the cables are simple and very basic. Check the image below with the cables connected on the backside of my amp (sorry because it's not a very clear image). The manual say nothing about the speakers.

View attachment 77497View attachment 77498

Hard to see anything particular from the pics. If the wires are of sufficient gauge. or with necessary shielding, for their purposes they're likely not an issue. Try this set of articles, mostly speaker wire but mentions interconnects. http://roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

OP
P

Pedro

Forum Donor
Hard to see anything particular from the pics. If the wires are of sufficient gauge. or with necessary shielding, for their purposes they're likely not an issue. Try this set of articles, mostly speaker wire but mentions interconnects. http://roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
If I have to guess, probably the cable would be around 12 AWG (at least). The cables should have 2-3 meters. Thursday I can confirm that.
Besides that what I feel is that the sound on my speakers is a little thick, closed, stuffy compared when I hear through headphones. Or even when I use a small speaker (Libratone Zip) through airplay the sound is more clear and open but of course doesn't fill the room.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I have to guess, probably the cable would be around 12 AWG (at least). The cables should have 2-3 meters. Thursday I can confirm that.
Besides that what I feel is that the sound on my speakers is a little thick, closed, stuffy compared when I hear through headphones. Or even when I use a small speaker (Libratone Zip) through airplay the sound is more clear and open but of course doesn't fill the room.

That would be a speaker issue rather than speaker wire issue....

OP
P

Pedro

Forum Donor

Here is a picture from my speakers cables.

And for your reference:

Speakers: Denon SC-E313SE
Impedance: 6 ohms
Max input: 100 watts

Pre-Main Amplifier: Denon UPA-F88
Output power: 45 W + 45 W (4 ohms DIN)
Low frequency adjustment: 100 Hz +- 8 dB
High frequency adjustment: 10 kHz +- 8 dB

Does it help to confirm that the speakers are my worst component?
At the moment it will be my first component to upgrade...

Attachments

• IMG_8309.JPG
    IMG_8309.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 273

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is a picture from my speakers cables.

And for your reference:

Speakers: Denon SC-E313SE
Impedance: 6 ohms
Max input: 100 watts

Pre-Main Amplifier: Denon UPA-F88
Output power: 45 W + 45 W (4 ohms DIN)
Low frequency adjustment: 100 Hz +- 8 dB
High frequency adjustment: 10 kHz +- 8 dB

Does it help to confirm that the speakers are my worst component?
At the moment it will be my first component to upgrade...

Could well be, that's the usual starting point for improving sound. Don't see much about this gear, altho interesting is that the speakers are made in England so makes me wonder who made them for Denon. Seems your D-F88 system actually came with a different set of speakers (made in Germany).

dancer

Greetings,

I bought about 6 months ago a bluesound node 2i streamer to connect my old Denon D-F88 stereo hifi, and support streaming directly from AirPlay, Spotify or my NAS server. No need more to handle the CDs manually to play, and my iPod even with lossless audio was very bad compared to the CD audio quality.

The trigger was mostly a matter of convenience, but now I'm wondering if I can/should improve the sound quality of my stereo but in an affordable way.

* What should I replace first in my stereo hifi? The amp or the speakers? All?
* I hear a lot about active speakers in alternative of a set with amp and passive speakers.
* Does it make sense buy KEF LS50w with streamer when I have a streamer? I read the bluesound node has a nice DAC.
* The Acoustic Energy AE1 isn't a better and affordable option?
* If I go for a passive solution what is the amp and the speakers to go? I heard that the difficulty here is to have a pairing both speakers and amp.
For instance, the KEF LS50 passive speakers would require a high end amp.

I would like to hear your opinions and suggestions of affordable solutions to connect to my bluesound node.

Thanks,
Pedro
Hi, i have a Bluesound Node 2 connected to a Teac reverence AH-500i Amp from 2001, my speakers are Rega R5, the whole setup sounds great. In fact a friend of mine who own's a Audio shop selling all kinds of high end gear is even impressed.

Top Bottom