• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommended amp for small center speaker

cesmtb

Hi - I'm new here and have been reading a number of threads. Hope I'm not repeating a thread with this one. I'm kind of getting back into audio stuff and recently have tried to properly set up a system in my small 10x12 office/music room where I can play loud (it's got some soundproofing). I have Yamaha MSP5 studio monitors run through a powered sub for bass management (soon to be upgraded from a old Midiman to a Yamaha HS8S). I use Apple Music through Rogue Amoeba SoundSource with IKM ARC 3 room correction and sometimes some eq or other plugins. I will listen to stereo most of the time but want to play around with 5.1 recordings, maybe watch some concert movies with 5.1, or maybe even try some of the Apple spatial audio offerings through a 5.1 system. For rear surrounds I plan to use my iLoud Micro Monitors which are usually on my desk in that room but I can easily move behind my listening position for 5.1. I use audio interfaces intended for music production and have a few. So I just needed a center to make this work, and I just bought an Infinity RC252 2.5 way for $98! at the Harmon site. It has an 87db sensitivity, 6 ohm nominal impedance, and 20-150 watt "recommended amplifier power." I was considering the Aiyima A07 or Topping PA5 and just using one channel, but wish there was something in between in price and maybe mono. If I can't decide I might just get the Aiyima A07 figuring I can use it later for some other application like some permanent passive rear surrounds. Ideally I would spend around $150 to $200. I also was interested in that Outlaw 2220 but wanted to spend less if possible.

Madeintooting

OP
C

cesmtb

Hi thanks for the mono amp recommendations! I didn’t know about those. Right now I think I will try the Aiyima A07 since the others haven’t been reviewed and tested as much and they don’t seem to have much more power or maybe I don’t even need more than what the Aiyima does out of one channel.

PaPoMusik

Hi everybody,

I am glad I found this thread ‘cause I also need some advices for a budge mono amp to drive temporarily my center speaker, Paradigm CC-190 v6

My Emotiva UPA-5 home theater amp has one channel fault so I cannot use it anymore. I am considering to replace it with a 6ch Buckeye amp (current build lead time is September 2022)

Meantime, I can switch and re-arrange temporarily my Emotiva 2ch and my stereo headphone & speakers channels amps to drive my fronts and rear speakers (A/V Processor is Emotiva XMC-1):

Stealth PA-1 Balanced Class-D Mono Amp (Fronts L-R AV123 ELT 525T)
Basx A-100 Headphone & stereo speaker amp (Rear sSurround Klipsch Reference RS-41 II)

So for my Center Speaker I am considering the following budges ones amps, and I would like to know if anyone here has tried it out, or if there another better ones in those range price:

$35-Nobsound 100W Full Frequency Mono Channel Digital Power Amplifier
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07518QZ9B/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ADPE7GPX91ORE&th=1

$68-Fosi M03
https://www.amazon.com/Subwoofer-Audio-Full-Frequency-Switchable-Fosi/dp/B07VHG2LR9?ref_=ast_sto_dp

$80-Nobsound G2 PRO Hi-Fi 300W Subwoofer Audio Mono Channel Class D
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D6G9CB7/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ADPE7GPX91ORE&psc=1

AIYIMA A1001 100W Mono Subwoofer/Stereo Audio Amplifier
(but the link above, from Madeintooting, is for UK and not listed in Amazon USA)

Basic Specs Paradigm CC-190 v6 v6:
Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 120 watts
Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
Sensitivity Room / Anechoic: 93 dB / 90 dB

Full Specs:
https://www.listeningpost.co.nz/assets/cc190_1.pdf

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom