• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations - Reliable Used of Affordable New Powered PA Speakers for Practice and Small Gigs

mountainmike

Hi All,

I have a small 12-channel Mackie board which works fine for small gigs with a borrowed pair of active PA speakers attached. I'm looking to get my own pair of active speakers to use this for these small gigs as well as to serve as a band practice PA at home. I'm looking for either affordable new or reliable used. For an idea on sound, in addition to vocals we sometimes mic one or two horns, a keyboard and we could add an acoustic guitar or two. I don't see us needing to mic anything else.

Thanks all!

Mike

robwpdx

Used, the Mackie SRM-350 & SRM-450 V1 are well respected. V1 are Italy-made drivers. The V2 are Chinese made drivers. The SWA1501 is a good sub. The SWA1801s have a tendency to self destruct.

JBL has powered speakers and a dealer repair network. QSC, Yamaha, and Electro Voice are popular.

Much of what is available new is made in China today, so you have to do your research.

Last edited:
Top Bottom