• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for Small, Relatively-Cheap Powered Stereo Speakers for Office

ronnzi

Hi Everyone,

I’ve seen lots of reviews of small powered speakers that can be used near field/on desks over the past several months, but of course now that I’m on the market for a pair, I can’t seem to remember all of the ones that impressed me. I’m looking for something in the $200 range and down, preferably closer to $100. I know this is very limiting in terms of options, but these is for my work office and they will be playing EXTREMELY low (can’t have others in the office bothered). Also, don’t want to have to mess with a subwoofer, and options like Bluetooth would be nice.

If anyone has any quick recommendations for decently-measuring and nice sounding speakers that meet these criteria, I would appreciate it!

Eggs Ackley

sharock

I've been using a pair of iLoud Micro Monitors (a bit over your budget unfortunately at $300) at the office since the pandemic, however, I've had the room to myself. I can't imagine using anything other than closed headphones if there are others in earshot!

OP
R

ronnzi

I've been using a pair of iLoud Micro Monitors (a bit over your budget unfortunately at $300) at the office since the pandemic, however, I've had the room to myself. I can't imagine using anything other than closed headphones if there are others in earshot!
I do have a closed office, but the walls are thin. Thanks for the recommendation, they’re a little higher than my price range, but good to know if I decide to spend a little more.

OP
R

ronnzi

Hmm this is tough. Sounds like the Neumi is a better speaker than the Edifier MR4 for close to the same price, but the Neumi is bigger than what I was hoping to keep on my desk… Both seem like good options. FWIW, I’ll probably be angling them up as opposed to placing them at ear level.

Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: SMc
Top Bottom