• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for DAC w/ AES/EBU?

Veri

Master Contributor
Sorry if this comes across a bit lazy but I'm looking for a DAC that supports AES digital in, and that will not break the bank. Would rather not spend a grand.

Open to used deals. I just see mostly 'Pro' gear and more expensive products supporting AES/EBU. Would appreciate some extra input. Thanks

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Topping DX7s maybe?

pos

Forum Donor
Another possible solution is to use a 110/75 ohms transformer from canare or neutrick (some even come with an lpad to reduce voltage), or even simply use an lpad if either your source or destination is transformer-coupled.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Adi2 fs (no pro) should be available soon as well. It has specs the same as adi2pro from RME. There is preorder on thomann for 689 eur
Advantage: no imd hump
Disadvantage: rise thd in sub 100hz region.
Actually it has only coaxial input but it says aes compatible. Sketchy...

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor
Adi2 fs (no pro) should be available soon as well. It has specs the same as adi2pro from RME. There is preorder on thomann for 689 eur
Advantage: no imd hump
Disadvantage: rise thd in sub 100hz region.
Actually it has only coaxial input but it says aes compatible. Sketchy...
I don't see the aes/ebu port on any of the adi2 fs pro, adi2 dac, adi2 fs :( Also it is probably too pricy and feature stuffed for me...
although I really like RME's professionalism. Maybe some day but I think I'll stick to more budget item if possible.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I don't see the aes/ebu port on any of the adi2 fs pro, adi2 dac, adi2 fs :(
Yeah sketchy wording on the official page...
I'm kinda surprised that dx7s has one. Well done topping.

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company

bunkbail

Forum Donor
Lol I actually overlooked the most obvious. Thanks. Might be worth waiting for D70/DX7 Pro :)
I thought you already owned a Holo Spring DAC? It has AES input, no?

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was the Schiit Modius not out in 2019? Just stumbled on it, $200 for XLR and RCA out, and has AES/XLR input.

OP
Veri

Veri

Master Contributor
Was the Schiit Modius not out in 2019? Just stumbled on it, $200 for XLR and RCA out, and has AES/XLR input.
Don't think it was already released at that time, but yes it's probably the best budget/value DAC with AES input :) thanks.

Top Bottom