• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for a nice compact-ish combo ?

TohuBohu

Hi !
Apologies for the recommendation post, I hope it is fine to do so.

I am looking for a good DAC/Amp combo for my DT 1990 Pro, to be used with my laptop mostly (USB-C), and sometimes phone if what I pick allows it (not a dealbreaker though).

I already own a Audiolab 6000A, that I use in my living room, which does the job well enough, either with speakers or headphones. So I'm set for the "stationary" gear.

I just want something on the cheaper side (200-250€ max, wouldn't mind something around 100-150€), that sounds good on my DT 1990 Pro.

I was going through Amir's reviews, but apparently everything sucks ?
I was looking at ifi Zen, or Hip, some Audioquest because I watch Darko, but I must say I'm a bit lost.
I was about to decide on Schiit Magni + Modi combo, but they're quite hard to find in Europe apparently.

I listen to my FLAC 16 or 24bit collection, Spotify (hopefully HiFi comes soon) and Apple Lossless.
Thanks in advance for helping out !

OP
T

TohuBohu

https://www.amazon.de/LOXJIE-Deskto...tützung-Bluetooth-Fernbedienung/dp/B08J7Z8TN6

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Headphone-Amplifier-Analogue-Converter-Resolution/dp/B07WT7TYWY

Both almost the same price, one looks fancy and expensive while the other like a cheap toy.

Is the FiiO a better quality or value because it doesn't focus on the looks but has better sound ?

For this specific use case (only USB input needed), the Loxjie looks like overkill, but for a 10euros difference, I might as well go for the better option.

Any other recommendations in that price range ?

OP
T

TohuBohu

Thanks for the answer, however it's a bit more than I was willing to spend for this 'secondary' device. Have you checked my answer to my original message ?

Top Bottom