• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for a IEM with an "authoritative bass with good slam and kick".

Bongoyep

Hi,
I'm looking for some IEM's for electronic music, i.e., well regarded for there, to quote a Westone B30 review, "authoritative bass with good slam and kick" . https://www.headfonia.com/westone-b30-b50-review/3/

I've just tried out some Fiio FH5 & whilst they have a comparably well rounded freq signature, for me there not comfortable to wear & keeping a seal is awkward. Therefore I've decided to go for the IEM form factor similar to westone IEM's as I used to own the original W3's & they sounded comparably well balanced, were comfortable to wear & achieved a reliable seal.

The Westone B30,B50 or Shure SE846 look interesting. Though the latter two are over my budget. I’d
appreciate any recommendations for lower priced IEM , e.g., Chi-Fi etc IEM's that have the same form factor & an "authoritative bass with good slam and kick". I prefer a more neutral sound signature though maybe IEM's need a little extra in the low freq range in order to compensate & provide that satisfying low end presence that is a key signature of many electronic music genres.

Budget approx 250 Euro’s ( $280).

Thanks

https://www.shure.com/en-GB/products/earphones/se846
https://www.westone.com/store/music/b50-earphones

Last edited:

artismo

Hyla TE5B, Fujiya Avic Japan, ¥94,900 (about $850USD). Just use a parcel forwarding company. Myteck Hyla Sarda, similar tuning, $1050, US-based distributor.
Look into Oriolus, CA Polaris V2, EE Bravado.

cookiefactory

Forum Donor
Can vouch for the SE846. Check out the Tennmak Pros for 20-30 USD for great bass (and inoffensive everything else) in a budget IEM.

OP
B

Bongoyep

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to go for the Westone B50's. Whilst they cost more than I wanted to spend, I'm confident that they fit my ears and are well regarded for their sound reproduction ( I liked the orignal W3's). Plus I can buy them locally which will be keeping my personal carbon footprint down if I have to return them for whatever reason.

Dvd996

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to go for the Westone B50's. Whilst they cost more than I wanted to spend, I'm confident that they fit my ears and are well regarded for their sound reproduction ( I liked the orignal W3's). Plus I can buy them locally which will be keeping my personal carbon footprint down if I have to return them for whatever reason.
Are you happy with your decision? I'm also looking to get them.

quimbo

I bought the B50s this summer to replace Fiio F9s. Not a bad set of IEMS, better for me than the F9s but still not right for me. I replaced the B50s with Dunu DK-4001s, which are much more to my liking. B50s were $275 and the 4001s were $424 so I don't feel too bad about not using the B50s more than once a week or so, more to reconfirm that they are not for me. I vow to make it thru 2021 without buying another IEM, 2.74% thru the year already. Will try to resist any deals that show up in the next 355 days.

Top Bottom