• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendations for 2.1 system

OP
S

sophie smith

That sounds sensibly modern :) not as many 16ohm speakers around now as there were 50 years ago. My horns are 16 ohms, but at 109dB/watt not much power is needed. My valve amp has different outputs marked for 4 ohms and for 8 ohms is yours like that?
No. Just a single set. There is a switch to toggle between the 8/4 ohms. Steve Deckert suggested to try both to see if one sounds better. I cannot tell the difference.
As a side note, he is one of the very few designers I have seen that publishes analyzer graph for his tube amps on the website. Not the top rank compared with the SOTA digital amps, but still impressive that he does publish that. Some of his speakers, although not many, also have frequency curves listed.

carewser

That sounds sensibly modern :) not as many 16ohm speakers around now as there were 50 years ago. My horns are 16 ohms, but at 109dB/watt not much power is needed. My valve amp has different outputs marked for 4 ohms and for 8 ohms is yours like that?

Your speakers are the most efficient i've ever heard of, with 109db sensitivity you could power a house party with a clock radio. That's crazy

Top Bottom