• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

recommendation: Stereo + Surround combination

nubcaek

Hi all,

I currently have the following set up:
While having and enjoying this combination, I noticed that I am missing a center speaker whilst watching movies. So, I have come up with two ideas for which I would like to ask your feedback.

Option 1:
  • Denon AVR-X2700H, leveraging the PRE-AMP out to feed the Hypex NCore's, feeding the front speakers.
  • Add a center speaker
Questions I have:
  1. What to do with the DAC ?
  2. Will this set-up work ?

Option 2:
  • Selling the Hypex NCore + DAC
  • Buy NAD T758 V3i or Denon AVC-X4700H
  • Add a center speaker
Questions I have:
  1. Do these surrounds compare to the Hypex Ncore's in terms of power (I am a bit lost..) ?
Am I missing better options ? Should I consider other components ? Happy to hear your feedback!

Additional question I have: I previously had the NAD T748 V3, which I have now replaced with the D50s + NCore's. As a result, I feel I am missing "something" in the music. I can play it very loud, but somehow it does not sound room-filling. Any theories or ideas on this ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Questions I have:
  1. What to do with the DAC ?
  2. Will this set-up work ?
1. Not needed in this arrangement.
2. Sure.
Option 2:
  • Selling the Hypex NCore + DAC
  • Buy NAD T758 V3i or Denon AVC-X4700H
  • Add a center speaker
Sure. Just depends on what you want or hold as important.
Do these surrounds compare to the Hypex Ncore's in terms of power (I am a bit lost..) ?
Nope but they may be OK.
Additional question I have: I previously had the NAD T748 V3, which I have now replaced with the D50s + NCore's. As a result, I feel I am missing "something" in the music. I can play it very loud, but somehow it does not sound room-filling. Any theories or ideas on this ?
??? No surround sound. No DiracLive. Seems like you are just flailing about. What is your room like? What is your preferred fare: music or movies? What's your goal?

Top Bottom