• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation sought for cheap optical-in DAC with remote

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all,

My parents are looking to route their TV audio through their stereo, which they'd only used for music until now.

The TV is optical out only, so what I'm looking for is something that has optical input, volume control with remote control (mute button essential), and RCA output.

They don't want to spend much, so as cheap as possible would be best. Sound quality is not much of a factor, since this DAC will most definitely not be the weak link in the chain ;)

All I can come up with so far are Topping E30 and SMSL Sanskrit 10th. Both would do the job fine, but I'm hoping there's a cheaper option out there?

Cheers,
Andreas

SMc

There’s a Dingsun “optical to rca” converter at Amazon etc with all those features for under $25. I have no experience of the product but the buyer comments made it seem like it’s hard to find a remote for cheap. Good luck!

OP
andreasmaaan

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks @SMc and @Wombat :)

I'm having trouble finding these in Australia, which is where the parents live. It's exactly what I'm looking for though.

Top Bottom