• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for stereo setup ($12k budget)

RedStar101

I came across this site 8 months or so ago and decided that all the gear I had could be sold off and purchase something I actually want. I've sold nearly all of it and looking to purchase a stereo setup.

In the past, I've had KEF LS50 and an Arcam amp which I enjoyed, but really want to get into something a bit bigger and room correction.

Room of use is average in size. I think I prefer to go the active route, but not 100% sold.

Budget for speakers (active) or speakers + amp(s) is 12k. Source/Pre won't come from this budget.

I really like the Genelec 8361A (white), but just want to see if there is something else I should be considering? Main use will be digital input (streaming/local files) and also connected to a TV for the occasional show/game (not a huge TV person).

Thanks in advance and really enjoy the site, Marty

Top Bottom