• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for portable DAC+AMP w/ bluetooth under $500

ke7in

Hi all,

I'm looking at the Fiio Q5S as it does both bluetooth and wired. At home I'm listening on a DT770 Pro 80 ohm and when I'm out and about using bluetooth. Appreciate some suggestions for comparable units.

And this may be a stupid question but are the bluetooth enabled amps intended as receivers to be paired with wired headphones? Or are they wired to the source (ie. phone) and transmitting to bluetooth headphones?

Thanks!

Kevin

Last edited:

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Suggest you replace the DT770 80-Ohm, there are better headphones that are easier to drive.

bobbooo

Major Contributor
Qudelix 5K, includes a fully parametric hardware equalizer for system-wide EQing from any source, which is a complete game-changer when it comes to audio quality.

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
Hi all,

I'm looking at the Fiio Q5S as it does both bluetooth and wired. At home I'm listening on a DT770 Pro 80 ohm and when I'm out and about using bluetooth. Appreciate some suggestions for comparable units.

And this may be a stupid question but are the bluetooth enabled amps intended as receivers to be paired with wired headphones? Or are they wired to the source (ie. phone) and transmitting to bluetooth headphones?

Thanks!

Kevin

You might look into the Loxjie D30 (reviewed Here ). I recently bought one for my desk and really like it. It is BT capable, but it receives signal from pc, tablet, phone etc. and you need wired headphones.

OP
K

ke7in

Suggest you replace the DT770 80-Ohm, there are better headphones that are easier to drive.

Thanks for the feedback. These are also my reference headphones for mixing so trying to get double duty =)

Top Bottom