• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for first monitor speaker

Haxxor

It's going to be my first monitor speaker, recently getting into producing music, mixing/mastering and looking for a suggestion. My budget around 100-300 Usd. I've been checking reviews, forums like crazy cannot decide which one yet. On my list I got:

Budget friendly ones

Presonus eris 3.5
Edifier R1280DBs (not a monitor speaker)
Mackie cr3-x

Less budget friendly

TANNOY : Reveal 402
Fluid Audio : F4
JBL 305p

stemfencer

Kali LP-6 exactly at 300 usd.

JBL 305p or Kali LP-6 is the default recommendation around here. Suggest getting budget for one of those or sitting with some ore budget friendly Edifiers (personally are fine for general listening) - however if you are getting into mixing and production would extend for the JBL or especialyl the Kali LP-6.

Usually recommendations apply, see if can do some cheap DIY room treatment, get some stands or foam to isolate speakers from desk. If you have a microphone don't be scared to try some room correction with RWE EQ etc

OP
H

Haxxor

Kali LP-6 exactly at 300 usd.

JBL 305p or Kali LP-6 is the default recommendation around here. Suggest getting budget for one of those or sitting with some ore budget friendly Edifiers (personally are fine for general listening) - however if you are getting into mixing and production would extend for the JBL or especialyl the Kali LP-6.

Usually recommendations apply, see if can do some cheap DIY room treatment, get some stands or foam to isolate speakers from desk. If you have a microphone don't be scared to try some room correction with RWE EQ etc
I live in Asia, electronic devices here cost more than original price. I would like to buy kali or adam but they cost more than jbl.
Coz I also have to buy other things along with speakers, like audio interface.

stemfencer

JBL 305p then if your budget permits.

Otherwise if are serious about mixing, may want to look at headphone route.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review​

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would not buy anything cheaper than the

JBL 306P MK II​

This bad boy.>~

OP
H

Haxxor

I would not buy anything cheaper than the

JBL 306P MK II​

I found jbl 305p mk2 by luck on facebook yesterday and approach the seller to buy it. Price was off 60% I jumpe on to it!

Top Bottom