• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for Desktop dac amp with remote 2022

My brain is swimming searching for a good available desktop dac amp with a remote. Need a remote because it is not going on a desk. Most music listening is from an iphone 12 max, only occasionally from my Macbook.

I am using a pair of the Drop DCA Aeon Closed 2 cans. Budget is up to $700. Thanks!

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi david,
Here in the menu there is a "review index" where you can search the type of device you need and filter by price, features, recommendations of amir, etc.
My only advice, as you mention that remote is important, is that if you go for a topping dac, be aware that at least in some models you need to point the remote to the dac with laser precision... this can ve good to avoid pressing something by mistake or a real pain in the rear....

OP
david.aj.silva
Hi david,
Here in the menu there is a "review index" where you can search the type of device you need and filter by price, features, recommendations of amir, etc.
My only advice, as you mention that remote is important, is that if you go for a topping dac, be aware that at least in some models you need to point the remote to the dac with laser precision... this can ve good to avoid pressing something by mistake or a real pain in the rear....
Thanks Marcos
I've been looking at the reviews... however many of the models are not available currently.

Thanks for the tip on the Topping remotes! Considering most of my listening is in a recliner, laser precision pointing is not in the cards:) !

Mattcc22

Did you ever find a decent DAC / amp with remote? I know this thread is a little old but I'm searching for the same for my mother in law to use. I have a Topping E30 and like the other post mentioned you have to have laser like precision to get the remote to work. I don't want her to have to do that. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom