• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

recommendation for cable stock

mkarikom

I need recommendation for 4-conductor cable

Application:
a very short (2') cable to run balanced to a clip on BT amp.

Electrical:
1) 4-conductor, termination will be 2.5mm trrs for AK pinout

Materials:
1) want to use this un-sleeved
2) probably don't need fancy silver plating, etc. its really short
3) something nice and flexible is preferred

OP
M

mkarikom

Mogami W2534 ?
Thanks, I'll go with that.
Do you have any advice on how to make the Y-split? Since its just speaker wire, any advice on what heatshrink (or other wrapping) for the pairs coming out of the split going to each earcup?

OP
M

mkarikom

Here is the end product. Because it's very short (20" overall, terminated in 2.5mm trrs to an Earstudio E100 clipped to my shirt) I opted for the less-shielded, more pliable version of the W2534 suggested by @kn0ppers. The Mogami push-pull connectors were ordered directly from Dan Clark Audio:

The tape is for "right side", since the connectors didn't come with the colored boot and I opted to install the headshrink under the paracord :|

The trrs connector is the Eidolic compact version (from Double Helix). Just FYI, the insulator material they use in these connectors is really great. I've had cheaper AliExpress connectors literally melt at the insulators while soldering, especially after I moved to lead-free for my projects, which requires a bit more heat to flow nicely. These Eidolic are rock solid by comparison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom