• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for budget DAC + Headphone Amp + Preamp under $500

jcebedo11

Hello! Im looking for recommendations for the best value all in one DAC/headphone amp/Preamp with balanced out. Im looking at the SMSL M500 as a candidate. Is there any other units worth considering? Thanks!

Iglo

Forum Donor
Maybe the Topping DX7 Pro would also be suitable?

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Why the need for an all-in-one? Lots more choices if you might consider paired discretes.. Might gain performance and/or save a bit..

For example, for $110 there is the 'all-in-one' Qudelix 5k. Has a 10- band PEQ for optimising your speaker and/or HP response, and room corrections. Nice addition. Does have balanced out. But the DAC SINAD is likely (untested by Amir so far) to be SOA, and the amp possibly underpowered for your particular HP.. But for another $100 - $200 you could easily add a follow on amp to solve that, if needed.

The Qudelix sure seems to me a candidate for 'best value' at $110.
Just saying...:)

OP
J

jcebedo11

Why the need for an all-in-one? Lots more choices if you might consider paired discretes.. Might gain performance and/or save a bit..

For example, for $110 there is the 'all-in-one' Qudelix 5k. Has a 10- band PEQ for optimising your speaker and/or HP response, and room corrections. Nice addition. Does have balanced out. But the DAC SINAD is likely (untested by Amir so far) to be SOA, and the amp possibly underpowered for your particular HP.. But for another $100 - $200 you could easily add a follow on amp to solve that, if needed.

The Qudelix sure seems to me a candidate for 'best value' at $110.
Just saying...:)
I like the simplicity of the all in one but Im open to discretes as well. Its just more equipment to explore and research.

Top Bottom