• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for AMP/DAC combo needed (I am exhausted Edition)

JimmyBuckets

Maybe you should upgrade from your 1997 Sony Sports Discman and included ear buds...I think it's time.:p

paolomo

Forum Donor
- SMSL SP200 AMP + M200 DAC
I own the SP200+M200 stack and I can totally recommend it (if you like the slanted design). It works well with everything I throw at it, DT880 600Ohm, HD650, Sundara (which you mention), no problem. For fun, you can use it to drive Sundaras from the balanced output, completely unnecessary, but so is most of what we discuss here :D. If you get a unit with the feared channel imbalance issues, you can always return it.

I think most of the options we are talking about here are absolutely ok, which is awesome. Someone mentioned the RME ADI-2 DAC and yes, I can confirm that that is an option that gives you significantly "more", and it's no coincidence it's priced above your current 500EUR limit. Within that limit, there is plenty to choose from, imho.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I own the SP200+M200 stack and I can totally recommend it (if you like the slanted design). It works well with everything I throw at it, DT880 600Ohm, HD650, Sundara (which you mention), no problem. For fun, you can use it to drive Sundaras from the balanced output, completely unnecessary, but so is most of what we discuss here :D. If you get a unit with the feared channel imbalance issues, you can always return it.

I think most of the options we are talking about here are absolutely ok, which is awesome. Someone mentioned the RME ADI-2 DAC and yes, I can confirm that that is an option that gives you significantly "more", and it's no coincidence it's priced above your current 500EUR limit. Within that limit, there is plenty to choose from, imho.
Output from SP200 isn’t balanced; it’s the same power as the single ended output. The XLR connector is there for convenience.

Top Bottom