• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend powered bookshelf / desktop speakers <$200?

ari

Forum Donor
Hello, are there any recommended / consensus / go-to speakers for my desktop that are powered and under $200? I'll be using them with my schiit modi + magni heresy for listening to music from my PC (when I'm not wearing the HE-4xx). This is to replace an old set of Bose Companion 20's which seem to crackle with the higher pitched female vocals in choral music (no shade, I got those long before I found my way to audiosciencereview).
I was looking at the Edifier R1700BT as a possibility.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Ari

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
If you are interested, I have a pair of JBL 306mkii I would sell for $245 shipped CONUS. Excellent shape.

OP
ari

ari

Forum Donor
If you are interested, I have a pair of JBL 306mkii I would sell for $245 shipped CONUS. Excellent shape.
Thank you for the offer. It looks like I could pick those up new for only $50 more.
It does bring up a good question @PresbyByrd, and much appreciated, are the JBL 305/308's significantly better than the Edifiers R1700's?
Are there any recommendations for desktop / bookshelf speakers <$200?

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
For the price, the JBL’s are hard to beat. BTW, my price is for 306’s, not the 305’s. If you do a search, Amir reviewed the 305’s. JBL really hit it out of the park with their wave guides. Happy hunting!

Top Bottom