• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend please best DAC for TV/Music Server

Liquid

What I have:
TV with optical out
and media server with built in optical and USB.
JBL LSR305

What I want:
DAC with remote control
Budget = ~200$
USB and Optical IN
Single or/and Balanced OUT

For now i found SMSL SU-8 v2 and Topping Dx3 Pro
Is there any other suggestions?

Last edited:

bobhol

Hello
Welcome to ASR. I am curious as to your want of a remote control with the DAC. I guess that you want to control the volume. I'm being to lazy to look up the SMSL and Topping units

OP
L

Liquid

Yes. I need remote to control volume and switch inputs.

AresHarvest

Topping DX3pro is quite good, and quite flexible... Though it does not have a balanced output. The SE output is 3.5mm, so you may have to get a small 3.5mm-to-6.35mm adapter cable, depending on your headphones, but these are cheap and easy to find.

You get a host of inputs (BT, USB, 2x coax, optical) and it comes with a remote. It can operate in several control/playback modes, as well - headphone amp, headphone amp + line out, line out at full level (DAC), line out with volume control (preamp).

Edit: I was operating under the assumption that you would also be using the built-in headphone amp. If not, and if you don't see yourself using the Bluetooth functionality, then the DX3Pro is probably not as good as your other choice.

Last edited:
OP
L

Liquid

Edit: I was operating under the assumption that you would also be using the built-in headphone amp. If not, and if you don't see yourself using the Bluetooth functionality, then the DX3Pro is probably not as good as your other choice.
I don't need headphone amp and headphone out. BT is ok but not deal-breaker. I'm searching DAC for TV and media server which will be placed on TV shelf.

Top Bottom