• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend Headphones for Teenager

max233

I'm looking for a suggestion for a closed back, corded headphone for a 13 year old grandson. Obviously durability is a main consideration as well as price. He'll be using it mainly with a phone as well as an Android tablet. Mom is the one that chose to have it corded. I didn't ask her reasoning. I'm leaning towards a Takstar Pro 82 which can be had for around $100 with a 3 year exchange warranty from Amazon. I've never actually see them but they get decent reviews. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm looking for a suggestion for a closed back, corded headphone for a 13 year old grandson. Obviously durability is a main consideration as well as price. He'll be using it mainly with a phone as well as an Android tablet. Mom is the one that chose to have it corded. I didn't ask her reasoning. I'm leaning towards a Takstar Pro 82 which can be had for around $100 with a 3 year exchange warranty from Amazon. I've never actually see them but they get decent reviews. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I assume he will be taking it out and about? Not just in the house?

Thalis

I got my daughter the Sony MDR-ZX110AP... the version with an inline mic so she can use it for calls. Not too sure about durability but so far so good. She also uses it when she goes out so i guess she doesn't mind that its not exactly like her IEMs.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Sennheiser HD280s. Are they amazing? No. Are they certainly good enough? Yep. They are somewhat bass-light though so that's something to take into account.

platimn

Get him something he can fold up like an ATH-M50 or HD280 like dfuller said with a durable or replaceable cable. At that age unless he is the particularly fastidious type he will appreciate being able to not worry about really taking care of his headphones and have them take up less space in his backpack.

Top Bottom