• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend good, small desktop integrated amp/dac?

Carsey Arbins

First post here but really enjoy following the site. I am looking for a recommendation for a small desktop integrated amp /dac for home office / recording studio that can run a pair of monitor audio silvers or potentially a set of power genelec 8020s. Would prefer $1000 or less. As a musician with audiophile interests but no scientific background, I find all of your reviews and recommendations to be a huge help! There are just so many different ways to spend your money badly in this field. Thanks!

nirschl

First post to this great site. Thank you, Amir!

I’m no expert by any means but...I recently purchased the new Topping DX3 Pro after seeing Amir’s new test results and review. I’ve been looking like crazy recently for a cost affordable unit and this one seemed to fit all my needs. Desktop amp/DAC to run my Yamaha HS5’s and my HD600 headphones. My headphones have been sitting new in the box for YEARS and I’m stoked I finally get to enjoy them.

The DX3 is supposed to arrive on Friday. I’ll be sure to post my initial impressions upon unboxing and listening. Cheers

THW

Forum Donor
DX3 Pro, had it because of Amir's recommendations and its an incredibly versatile little box, I'm liking it a lot so far

Power provided is quite clean and has a good amount of it, its also quite transparent and takes all sorts of inputs, including a whole host of Bluetooth formats

also comes with a nifty little remote control

money4me247

At the higher end of your budget, you can look at the RME ADI-2 dac. MRSP $1099 USD. Measured very well here. Has both balanced and unbalanced pre-amp output with equalizer feature that you can set to the output so very useful for active speakers and room correction. Two headphone amplifier outputs to 1/4 jack and 3.5mm jack (that is optimized for very low noise floor for sensitive IEMs). Can drive both my Sennheiser HD800S and Campfire Andromeda without any issues.

Top Bottom