• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

recommend a 6 feet USB cable for Topping DX3pro

gwgang

I need a 6 feet or longer USB cable for Topping DX3pro. I tried Monoprice and Amazonbasic USB2 6 feet cables, and they didn't work. Only the Topping's cable works, but it's too short for where I had to move the DAC to. Is it just the length of cable, or a higher quality cable can solve my problem? What's the cables you tried and worked?

OP
G

gwgang

I use Amazon basics for all my testing. It is flexible and has bee super reliable. It is very strange that you had trouble with it as I have tested countless DACs with the same cable.

The 6 feet AmazonBasic cable is listed as USB2 Printer cable because the A and B male plugs. Is there a different version, or the one you use is a shorter length?

OP
G

gwgang

I found out that the factory USB cable is defective. One of the pin on the B connector is taller than the other pin, and it caused the corresponding female jack's connector spring to collapse. Thus only the faulty connector can make contact, and no other good cables can work. I may have to use a USB extender to get a working long cable.

Top Bottom