• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Receptacle Cover Plates

Speedskater

Major Contributor
No wonder we didn't hear a difference in the expensive audiophile receptacle cover plates, we weren't torquing them correctly!

"ok, tonight Joe Pxxxxxx installed -7- of the Furutech 105-D NCF outlet covers on my outlets replacing the previous metal covers.. it took him about 30-35 minutes. he torqued them to a spec he has found is best so far in his experience."

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...s-this-morning&p=431216&viewfull=1#post431216

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm currently developing some dance moves to combat EMI and electro fog in my listening room.. I figure all those tribes that developed rain dances must of been onto something, else it would not of rained and non of us would be here... Right?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No wonder we didn't hear a difference in the expensive audiophile receptacle cover plates, we weren't torquing them correctly!

"ok, tonight Joe Pxxxxxx installed -7- of the Furutech 105-D NCF outlet covers on my outlets replacing the previous metal covers.. it took him about 30-35 minutes. he torqued them to a spec he has found is best so far in his experience."

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...s-this-morning&p=431216&viewfull=1#post431216
For $100 per box plus shipping, I will torque and tune each audio component to the optimum level. This will include visible and internal fasteners. Each one has a correct torque and everything matters.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I've given up on trying to convince the faith-based that they're engaged in a magical belief system.

Instead, I think it's time to think about what to sell them.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I've given up on trying to convince the faith-based that they're engaged in a magical belief system.

Instead, I think it's time to think about what to sell them.

Yep, we are definitely missing a trick here. I have little compunction at taking advantage of the loons. :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It's at times like these I really appreciate being banned there.
You got to be kidding me.

"I did expect them to be an improvement. but this was bigger than I expected.
-a layer of greyness was removed. it's more vivid and open.
-I get more a sense of weight and tonal sparkle. more alive and micro dynamic.
-slightly greater soundstage, mostly decays go on farther.
-greater sense of focus.....vocals are spooky good. (Joe and I both thought 'vinyl' good)."

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

"I did expect them to be an improvement. but this was bigger than I expected.
-a layer of greyness was removed. it's more vivid and open.
-I get more a sense of weight and tonal sparkle. more alive and micro dynamic.
Am I the only one who thinks “micro dynamic” is an oxymoron?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Top Bottom