• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Receiver suggestions needed

AlzalzS

Hi, I had posted about my Bose speakers in another thread. I have 7 speakers and a jbl sub with my setup and there is something that I am seeking, deeper bass for one and great sound quality.

My receiver is quite old but probably not one of those old vintage receivers that will blow your mind, they are just OK to me.

I would like some advice here. After reading some guy’s post about how he switched receivers which led to better sound on same set of speakers… it causes me to wonder if I should upgrade or not. He was saying this new receiver (Pioneer VSX-3900S) was 150watts l/r and 15 watts rear. I have been wondering how all channels driven vs 2 channels driven works and after searching, google results no answer.

Id like to provide my setup. I could always head to guitar center and ask, but their store is more high end than mine and I don’t want to be “sold.” I could really use some help.

I have an avr-1801 from denon setup as 7.1
Bose 301-v Left/Right (A)
Bose 100 Left/Right (B)
Bose VCS-10 Center
Bose 100 Surround
Jbl pb10 Subwoofer

Any ideas on what works here?

Thanks,
AS

OP
A

AlzalzS

Get new speakers. The Bose speakers generally are missing many things and sound bad. :D
Damn bro I literally just bought most of my stuff recently within the last year!

I’m kinda stuck with ‘em now…

Btw I got a 10$ small optical to analog converter and connected to my dj mixer and turned up the highs, sounds better somewhat imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom