• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Received my Apollon NC1200 today

tensor9

Forum Donor
Finally, after sitting in customs for well over a week, I got my amp.

Unfortunately, the box was in bad condition, and from the chip on the face plate, it looked as though it had been dropped. This unfortunately is a reality with shipping. This misaligned to face-plate hole with the power button, so it wouldn't depress; but after lots of troubleshooting help with Apollon, I got it to work by just pressing the button really hard. Apollon is going to send me a replacement face plate right away. I can say the customer service is absolutely top notch!

I got the Sonic Imagery 990 input buffers, and Apollon even adjusted the gain for me since my Element X outputs over 4V. No need for 28-30 dB of gain! They even included measurements for me, of both the final gain and the THD+N!

Problems aside, it sounds great! I took the panel off to troubleshoot, and the inside is very well laid out and clean.

OP
T

tensor9

Forum Donor
I can post another pic, but I can tell you that it looks exactly like the pic on their website. :) Except the wirees leading to the outputs are black in mine.
Apollon-Audio-NC1200-WBT-0703CU-Binding-top-view-inside.jpg

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Element X + Apollon, excellent choices.
What speakers are you using? Edit: Magnepan 3.7i, I suppose?

OP
T

tensor9

Forum Donor
Element X + Apollon, excellent choices.
What speakers are you using? Edit: Magnepan 3.7i, I suppose?

Yep, Magnepan 3.7i. Love em! Need room treatment, which will be the biggest pita.
I think I’ve probably hit the sweet spot in performance for the price. The components are not cheap, but they’re also not grossly overpriced. I feel like I got what I paid for, you know?

RDaneel2

Well, I can certainly say those seem to be a good match with the Hypex NC1200 (Nord Signature unit in my case)... or, "works for me!" :)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Need room treatment, which will be the biggest pita.

I have started playing around and learning about measuring with REW + UMIK-1 mic. 100usd investment and the results have been very significant so far. Highly recommend. :)

OP
T

tensor9

Forum Donor
I have started playing around and learning about measuring with REW + UMIK-1 mic. 100usd investment and the results have been very significant so far. Highly recommend. :)
Yep, have the same mic with REW.

Top Bottom