• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reassure me that an upgrade will be an upgrade, Harman Kardon to Denon

applejax

Got a new TV and things cascaded into 4K Blurays and going from 5.1 to 7.1, and I'm having to do band-aids to keep my HK AVR2600 in my system, so that's looking like another upgrade. The HK is from 2004 or so, it just can't keep up with the new capabilities. I'd be looking at something in the range of the Denon AVR-S960H to the AVR-X3700H. I'm nervous, though, because I do like the HK, and it is significantly better than the Onkyo it replaced, with a focus on music. The big advantage I can determine is that HK's room correction isn't said to be very good, so while I'm sure there would be an improvement there, is it enough? I like the HK but it's time to upgrade, help!

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What speakers? I'd probably stick to Denon x3xx and above series to get XT32 and pre-outs. You could also still use your old avr for audio if your 4k player can output to both tv and avr simultaneously.

Top Bottom