• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reasonably priced DAC with toslink and remote volume control? Or remote controlled analog preamp?

almico

Forum Donor
That's promising! Do you use the DAC as a preamp as well? If so, does the device remember the volume setting when rebooted or if the device is unplugged from the power point (hard reset) or does it then revert back to 100% volume output?

Yes, it retains the global volume setting when powered down. I have mine connected through a WiFi a/c plug where I operate the whole system with my phone. It does not retain volume settings between the inputs however.

I have used it as a preamp.

OP
R

RedCometZero

Yes, it retains the global volume setting when powered down. I have mine connected through a WiFi a/c plug where I operate the whole system with my phone. It does not retain volume settings between the inputs however.

I have used it as a preamp.
How is the volume ramp up and ramp down speed?

jwags818

I can't say enough good things about the D50 and D50s. I own both. It amazes me how you can hook up a $250 DAC to a very high end system and completely forget that you spent more on the cables connecting the dac than the unit itself. You can put this dac into the most revealing system and it just sounds amazing. I even bought one and put it inside the case of a headphone amp I am building so it has a "built in" dac.
Best $250 component I have ever experienced.

Top Bottom