• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rear wall reflection absorption

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just rear wall at this stage. Standard Rockwool 100x60x7 with a ~2-3cm gap behind the head. The rest of the room is actually somewhat okay. I've experimented with front wall absorption but that doesn't resolve the stranger echos.

Soft stuffed headrests again sounds like I should just get a slightly less absorbing material than rockwool.

IMO placing heavy damping panels behind the head sounds very unnatural to me. Dead and in the head sound. Those smaller sofa headrests are fine though.

Yoy need bigger panels behind the speakers. From floor and 1,5 m high and 1 meter wide. 10 cm rockwool with perforated masonry. Don’t remember the size and c-c between the holes at the moment but there are some webpages with data. Cover the masonry with 60 mm wedged foam. Make an additional 60 mm deep frame and cover with some fabric. Done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom