• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rear Subwoofer Change

Blackdevil77

In my theater room, I currently have a pair of Seaton Sound Submersive HP's that I'm using to even out the FR and help with seat to seat FR consistency. Up front, I have a pair of JBL 5628's powered by a Crown I-tech 12000HD. The Submersive HP's are working well, only problem is the form factor causes me to have to push the back row up too close to the front.

I'm thinking about replacing the rear Submersive HP's with a Pair of JBL SSW-2's. Theoretically, how much output would I be giving up by making this switch? I know the SubM's have 2 15" drivers in a sealed enclosure with the dual opposed design, the SSW-2s have 2 very robust 12" drivers with a ported enclosure. The form factor of these subs gives me much greater placement flexibility and it would be nice to have passive subs so I can control everything with Audio Architect.

Top Bottom