• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Realtek ALC causing USB DAC problems (reacent drivers)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I encountered a problem related to last available Realtek ALC on bord audio driver for Windows 10 with USB DAC's.

USB DAC's I have don't get initialised properly, or if they do on boot after entering exclusive mode with ASIO driver they cannot be initialised afterwards. It manifests as no playback device detected, actual driver's for DAC works properly and windows sound diagnostic doesn't do anything useful.
So if others got to a same problems (with DAC's/audio interfaces) workarounds are either to roll back to previous ALC driver version that worked or disable on board audio in BIOS.

I disabled it (and now it works normally) as I don't have any use of it anyway (either using USB DAC or HDMI to TV and Toslink from there).
Hope this saves you some troubleshooting headaches, best regards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom