• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Reading digital liner notes

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I generally scan the booklet or if they're from smaller classical labels they often provide a PDF download. With classical music these often have some great information on the compositions or the performer's insights into the music. If they are difficult to scan or risk damaging the book from cracking the spine too much, I just leave them alone and read the actual booklet.

I'm interested in hearing if anyone else reads these notes digitally and if so how you do it.

The two main methods I'm considering are either an iPad or Android tablet. Due to my practices's poor EMR software on OS X I have been Windows for a long time (I also enjoy PC gaming hence my other reason for mostly being PC) and have an Android phone, but I am by no means anti-Apple, their shares have done very well for me.

The second question is should these images/PDFs be stored locally or should I look into web hosting? If doing one or the other what is an efficient way to look up/open them on either tablet? Being able to locate them by either composer or performer would be ideal, but just one field (I would chose composer) would be fine.

Thanks.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Having used computers in various forms since about 1980, I've learned to avoid using computers for anything unnecessary...

---

Oh I forgot about some classes at school - BASIC/FORTRAN/RPG - so make that 1974 or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom