• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Re-installing Cakewalk on a new laptop

Rayneet

Hi, I'm in a dilemma. In 2015 I purchased a DuoCaptureEX and SonarLE, Cakewalk software, and have recorded many times. Now, the old laptop no longer functions and the new laptop is not equipped with the DVD drive. Is there another way I could install them on the new computer?

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi, I'm in a dilemma. In 2015 I purchased a DuoCaptureEX and SonarLE, Cakewalk software, and have recorded many times. Now, the old laptop no longer functions and the new laptop is not equipped with the DVD drive. Is there another way I could install them on the new computer?
If You need to buy cheap external CD/DVD drive, there are a lot out there. Just the first one I found:
DVD ROM

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
If you have any computer with a DVD drive, you can open it and copy all the content to a flash drive. Then plug that into the new laptop and install.
I would rather create an ISO image of the disc (just about any burning software should be able to do so), which any current Windows will be able to mount as a virtual drive with a simple double-click. There have been cases of hidden files and other shenanigans, most of which should be covered like that.

Top Bottom