• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RCA splitter question

malcom

Hi everyone, audio newbie here.

I have a question about RCA splitter cables and maybe audio splitting in general:

I have only one RCA output pair from my DAC (fiio d03k taishan with optical out from TV going to two active speakers) and I would like to be able to add an active subwoofer at some point later on so my question is: (if I can only afford a sub with just rca input, no output)
If I connect two RCA female to dual male splitters ( picture) to the RCA output of the DAC then will each splitter provide 2x left signal and 2x right signal or will they each have a L/R signal according to their color scheme?
1676047537328.png

I am asking so I know when I buy a sub if I should connect one end of each splitter to 1 monitor and 1 sub RCA input or if I should connect the two ends of the one splitter to the two monitors and the other two ends of the other splitter to the sub.
Apologies if this is a stupid question I think the first makes more sense but I idrk and I would like to get stereo sound :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi everyone, audio newbie here.

I have a question about RCA splitter cables and maybe audio splitting in general:

I have only one RCA output pair from my DAC (fiio d03k taishan with optical out from TV going to two active speakers) and I would like to be able to add an active subwoofer at some point later on so my question is: (if I can only afford a sub with just rca input, no output)
If I connect two RCA female to dual male splitters ( picture) to the RCA output of the DAC then will each splitter provide 2x left signal and 2x right signal or will they each have a L/R signal according to their color scheme?
View attachment 263826
I am asking so I know when I buy a sub if I should connect one end of each splitter to 1 monitor and 1 sub RCA input or if I should connect the two ends of the one splitter to the two monitors and the other two ends of the other splitter to the sub.
Apologies if this is a stupid question I think the first makes more sense but I idrk and I would like to get stereo sound :)
If you plug that cable into the right rca socket of the dac you will create 2 right female outputs. Ignore the colour. And yes, shouldn't be a problem doing that.

Top Bottom