• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RCA Attenuator vs Equalizer APO preamp gain to reduce overall dB?

Straz

This is to solve the low volume issue with the volume pot on the Aiyima A07. Below 9o'clock has large amounts of channel imbalance, I need to reduce overall volume by about -15dB. I currently just have a -dB preamp gain filter in Equalizer APO, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off using an RCA Attenuator to do the same job. Would there be a preferable option? Thanks.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is to solve the low volume issue with the volume pot on the Aiyima A07. Below 9o'clock has large amounts of channel imbalance, I need to reduce overall volume by about -15dB. I currently just have a -dB preamp gain filter in Equalizer APO, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off using an RCA Attenuator to do the same job. Would there be a preferable option? Thanks.

Physical attenuators will also reduce noise as well while noise from your DAC will remain more or less constant with output level.

If you don't hear any hiss from your speakers using the negative preamp in EQAPO then you probably don't need to spend money on the RCA attenuator.

Top Bottom