• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RC mining

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is actually a fairly accurate RC modeling of a mine. But safety rules are not being followed and it shows a good depiction of why the regulations are there. This guy knows mining.

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

If you want to know the safety violations they are.
1.Never load a dump truck with a dozer off a hill. Loaders would be used.(looked at the video again, it also may be showing what can happen if the stockpile is undercut by a loader then the face collapses. If the stockpile is to hard and the loader undercuts the face, a dozer would rip and push out the material to a loader. With stockpiling certain materials they can pack in like concrete.)
2. There is no berms on the road leading up to the dozer or loader. Edge is probably too soft. They are supposed to be half a wheel height minimum of your tallest wheel. When the dump truck offloads, there is no berms there either. Seen a dump truck back over an edge once and over he went backwards.
3. The two yellow dump trucks would not be blazing there own trail between stockpiles.
4. The loader flipped also. No berms.
5. The loader pushes the stuck truck with his bucket curled up in the loaded position with ripper teeth on the bucket. Good way to tear up a truck. The truck should have a stinger(push bar) and the bucket should be in the dump position to push. He would hit the stinger inside the bucket, right above the ripper teeth. The stinger will slide up and down inside the bucket some as the equipment moves but will not slip off the stinger. Slip off that stinger like he is pushing and there lots of explaining to do.
5. The yellow dump truck with the operator standing in the front has no seat, seat-belt, cab, and he is standing. Never seen that piece off equipment before. I dont think its legal. That is a death waiting to happen.(Thrown off the equip.)
6.What the heck is that thing covered in mud? Looks like a tank. Whatever, being covered in mud means it had a cave in on it. It is an incident report minimum if the operator wasn't hurt.
7. I know it been raining, but prep the mining area for water drainage and build up the haulage roads when its dry and get them packed in. If you dont you get a muddy mess. Keep the working area and haulage roads clean and level and WIDE enough. Its tearing the crap out of the equipment and operators.
8. Get a motor grader in there if needed. Maintain haulage roads.

There are so many safety violations here that there is a chance that MSHA would close a mine like this down. It looks realistic to a novice, but.....

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

This almost looks like a training video.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Do these toys have sound systems? ;)

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

The real ones do. I even installed xm radio in mine. I cant listen to classic rock anymore because it was all I had for 15 years before xm. That was really boring work when you do it for so long mixed in with some butt clenching moments.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Do these toys have sound systems?

I think so.

It would seem to be what's making the sounds in the video.

There's at least one that doesn't, and it doesn't have the clunky diesel engine sound.

Top Bottom