• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

rAudio-1(Arch-based music player for all Raspberry Pi's)

Raitsa

rAudio-1 is an Arch Linux-based, active and constantly improved fork of an audio player project called Runeaudio.

rAudio-1 is available for all Raspberry Pi's:

64bit: 4, 3, 2, Zero 2
32bit: 2 (BCM2836)
legacy: 1, Zero

Metadata Tag Editor (*.cue included)
Album mode with coverarts
File mode with thumbnail icons
Coverarts and bookmarks - add, replace and remove
WebRadio coverarts - online fetched
*.jpg, *.png and animated *.gif applicable
*.wav - album artists and sort tracks
*.cue - virtually as individual tracks in all modes and user playlists
VU meter as coverart (for remote screen)
Live display update across multiple clients
Wi-Fi connection can be pre-configured for headless mode.
Access point mode when no router available.
File sharing
USB DAC plug ang play
Easy online update and extra features with addons
Supported GPIO devices:
I²S audio module
Character LCD (16x2, 20x4)
Power on/off button
Relay module
Rotary encoder
Spectrum OLED (128x64)
TFT 3.5" LCD (320x420)
VU LED (7 LEDs+Rs)
Renderers / clients - with metadata and coverarts
AirPlay
Bluetooth audio (receiver)
Snapcast
Spotify Connect
UPnP
Streamers
Bluetooth audio (sender)
HTTP (no metadata)
Snapcast (multiroom)
Support boot from USB drive without SD card
USB drive
Plug and play
Audio CD (with metadata and coverarts)
10 band graphic equalizer - support custom preset

Latest version of rAudio-1 can always be found at https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1

Discussion and other help available at https://t.me/raspberrypimusic

Some of the functionality can be seen below.

guide.gif

Last edited:

dBiz

Wanted this to work for me but couldn't get the WiFi to stay connected. Re-imaged micro SD card as suggested. WiFi would connect and then almost immediately disconnect. Searched internet and GitHub but couldn't find anyone with same issue so must be a configuration issue on my end. Need WiFi due to location of system, cannot be avoided. I have Picoreplayer, Moode, and Volumio all working so its not a hardware issue. Using a Pi 4.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Tested rAudio-1 a few months back. What a disaster. Spotifiyd was an outdated version with known issues, crashed. UPnP didn't work at all. Uses root user, a huge security risk! UI is just plain ugly. No thanks. LMS with the Material Skin is light years ahead of this.

dBiz

Tested rAudio-1 a few months back. What a disaster. Spotifiyd was an outdated version with known issues, crashed. UPnP didn't work at all. Uses root user, a huge security risk! UI is just plain ugly. No thanks. LMS with the Material Skin is light years ahead of this.
LMS is the one I keep going back to and find best suits my tastes.
None are "perfect" but for the price (your time) who can complain?

Ears of Tin

Simply my opinion, but I greatly prefer rAudio to all the others because of its UI. It contains more information and is easy to navigate. Never had any trouble with Wifi, UPnP or Bluetooth but I don't use Spotify.

I also use LMS because of its Chromecast plugin. I sample Volumio and Moode when they have a new release just out of curiosity.

That being said, security on any of these systems is a concern to me. Other than setting a unique password what else can one do?

spiral scratch

yeh, I just ran the latest raudio-1 image with updates. It worked for me, sort of. The wifi is messed up, the webUI doesn't allow firefox into the settings and safari doesn't load the screens completely. I didn't try chrome. Otherwise the player seems to be working OK and everything works over LAN, but I need it to work properly with wifi.

I think I'm going to give LMS another try. I couldn't get through the install last time. I just want a wireless headless streamer but maybe it will go smoother on my next attempt. If it runs wifi properly that will be a +.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I think I'm going to give LMS another try. I couldn't get through the install last time. I just want a wireless headless streamer but maybe it will go smoother on my next attempt. If it runs wifi properly that will be a +.
Try PiCorePlayer. Easiest way to run LMS and Squeezelite.

spiral scratch

Try PiCorePlayer. Easiest way to run LMS and Squeezelite.

Yeh. thanks for the suggestion and the poke. I did get it going a couple of weeks ago. Took a bit of trial and error to set up the network share and I did something to the LMS, so it wouldn't restart. I ended up doing a fresh install and turned off all of the LMS plugins before I got going. I think my 5TB database is just a bit too much for my little rpi2 running the player and LMS. I'm working on a media server to handle things better. With the material skin it's a really nice set up (and there's WIFI!). Thanks!

F

freemansteve

Which, if any, of these softwares "report back to base" tracking your activities?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Which, if any, of these softwares "report back to base" tracking your activities?
It depends on what you mean by "report back to base" - and possibly on configuration and plugin options.
It might also depend how you obtained it - some of the Android apps are available both through Google's Play Store where tracking is almost certain, and through F-Droid where tracking is considered an anti-feature, and the tracker source would need to be open like the rest of the code.

Top Bottom