• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Raspberry Setup

wacomme

I want DSP for my work audio setup. My work limits what I can install on my work computer - though, for some reason I'm able to get Tidal on my work computer (for now). I cannot install EQ software on my work PC; even Qudelix 5K software is blocked. Thus, I'm wondering if a Raspberry Pi setup would work? Could I run Tidal through my work PC, USB to the Raspberry Pi, USB out to my Qudelix, and USB to my headphones? Also, when work cuts off my access to Tidal (and all audio streaming), could I connect a HD with flac music files to the Raspberry Pi via usb?

If so, what Raspberry Pi do I need, and what software do I need to install? Do I need a separate monitor? Is there a better solution than the Raspberry Pi that's cost effective?

OP
wacomme

wacomme

I do have an iPhone that I can use with the camera adaptor, but I'd rather have a more permanent desktop solution, limiting the wear and tear to my iPhone connection.

MCH

Major Contributor
Can't you just stream your music directly to your raspberry pi without phisically connecting it to your computer? (Most raspberry pi have wifi conectivity) That would make things easier: you can run camilladsp in your pi and from there to your dac via USB. I recommend you to read this:

Thread 'RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rpi4-camilladsp-tutorial.29656/

You can also install moodeaudio that comes with camilladsp already built in. I don't know if moodeaudio supports tidal, you will have to check it out.

If for some strange reason you must connect your raspberry pi to your computer with an usb cable, i believe there is a way to use the pi in "gadget mode" (?), but i have no idea how it works and what it can do...

Top Bottom