• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Raspberry Pi streamer/network player

flyingCube

Hi,
I hope I'm allowed to post here. If not please notify me and delete my post.

I've been looking around the internet for solutions but could not find anything, that's why I'm trying to find some help here. I would like to build a streamer (Qobuz) that can EQ the music and output via usb to a DAC and over the network to my phone and computer.
The Problem that I am facing is, that using a PEQ on my phone drains the battery pretty quickly and I would love to outsource the processing. It would be great If I could do that centralized for all my devices, maybe even VPN into my network when I'm on the go.

For me it seems, that all solutions like moOd audio (which i discovered in the ASR forums) can not output to the network.

I'm happy about any suggestions or pointers where I can read up on a possible solution.

Many thanks in advance.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
LogitechMediaServer (LMS) with the brutefirdrc plugin should be able to do that. Archimago did a howto article some time ago. Whether it still works I can't say - the plugin appears not to have been updated in a long time, and I haven't tried it. I have streamed from my home LMS instance over a VPN to my laptop in another country though. Using the VPN between your home network and the remote machine is strongly advised - don't expose LMS directly on an internet-facing connection! I understand that a few of the phone apps for LMS include the player, not just controls, but haven't tried those either.

You could also try snapcast as an output on Volumio or Moode. There are clients for most platforms. I've not tried it though.

OP
F

flyingCube

thank you so much for the pointers, you really helped me a lot!
I'll buy a raspberry 4 and try to tinker around when I get the time. Maybe I'll find some more guides and alternatives to try out once it arrives.

Top Bottom