• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Raspberry Pi High End Audio DAC

senx

Hi guys i'm new on the forum.
I'm building a diy system and now i'm looking into an HAT with high end charateristics.

i've found 2 board very interesting:

1. AUDIOPHONICS DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M that has also a very good rewiev here. 130 euros

2. Raspberry Pi High End Audio DAC from Elektor 150 euros but with 16gb class 10 microsd and 3.5" LCD touchscreen (480x320 pixels).
link with some lab measurements with their Audio Precision Analyzer: https://www.elektormagazine.com/labs/audio-dac-for-rpi-networked-audio-player-using-volumio

Probably i want to try the second one because on the sheet is very impressive. The only thing stop me from buy it now is that the frequency range goes from 32hz to 200khz instead 20hz of the audiophonics. I know that the system im building now below the 34-36 hz (at -3db) is useless but maybe in a future with a change of speakers may have sense the 20hz (I have a probably very good class AB Amp).
Any advice is well accepted!

Attachments

• audiophonics-dac-i-sabre-es9038q2m-raspberry-pi-i2s-spdif-pcm-dsd-usb-c-power-supply.jpg
    audiophonics-dac-i-sabre-es9038q2m-raspberry-pi-i2s-spdif-pcm-dsd-usb-c-power-supply.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 369
  • rpi-high-end-audio-dac-module.jpg
    rpi-high-end-audio-dac-module.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 280

orchardaudio

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Did you look at the PecanPi?

phofman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
that the frequency range goes from 32hz to 200khz instead 20hz of the audiophonics.
IIUC it's the samplerate accepted by the DAC being from 32kHz to over 200kHz.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not get a USB DAC? There are many more (tested) options.

Top Bottom