• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ranking Quality of Internet Radio Stations

axbarker

It would be of great interest if we could compile and share a ranking of best quality (format and bit rate) Radio streaming services by genre, I don't find the radio search app in Roon helpful in tracking these down. My particular fave is Radio Paradise.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Annoyingly, my understanding is that some multiple streams.

But the best quality is surely the one which plays the most music you like?

HereYaGo

Get YouTube premium for 15 dollars a month. YouTube will then have no ads. You get ad free YouTube music which has tons of songs and Playlist all ad free. You can even download 100's of songs and videos at a time to listen to it all offline when away from wifi so you don't waste cellular data. Probably the best deal I've ever seen. No ads and just about every song to ever exist. Also first like 4 months are free lol.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
1. FMadorejazz.net @ 192kbs MP3. Listen to many internet radio stations primarily Jazz or Blues. Come to the conclusion all bit rates and formats don’t deliver the same listening experienc. 1.FM……. sounds great can’t say the same about the many of the others.

Raitsa

All the available webradios can be found here:

YBZoHBW.png

Our house listens to these:
ALPpi4t.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1. FMadorejazz.net @ 192kbs MP3. Listen to many internet radio stations primarily Jazz or Blues. Come to the conclusion all bit rates and formats don’t deliver the same listening experienc. 1.FM……. sounds great can’t say the same about the many of the others.
Going to try it. If you like JAZZ 24/7/365 no commercials, fund raisers 2wks/yr, 192kbs >>>>>> KCSM.org

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks will give it a try tomorrow.
is it Stateside based? It’ll cut down on the search time.
Yes College of San Mateo, California close enough that I get it on FM too, mostly in my car

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom